Telling a tale

     I grew up in a school division where you went to school with the same people from Kindergarten through grade 12. By the time we were in high school, all of my friends and I started to drift apart, and the majority of my grade did not like each other. Once I got to grade 12, I was still friends with maybe 2 of my childhood friends, and I did not want to go to the same university as the people I wasn't friends with any more. Granted at the time I wanted to do something that no one else in my class wanted to do so I probably wouldn't have seen them much anyways. Fast forward a couple of months into grade 12, one of my mom's former coworkers told her to check out CMU's website, unknowingly one of my friends' older sister told me to check it out as well. From there we saw that CMU offered everything that I wanted to do, so we booked a tour and applied at the end of it. Fast forward to that following September to first year orientation. The only person I knew was a few years ahead of me and I didn't know anyone else, which meant that I had to make new friends, which is really hard as I'm an introvert. I lucked out and met three amazing people in the line for our ID pictures. Three four of us have been inseparable since then. Who knew that going outside my comfort zone to a school where I knew no one, would be one of, if not the best decision of my life. Although I am not majoring in what I thought I was going to in high school, I am still thankful that I chose CMU and am getting closer to graduating everyday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HR School

Leadership Communication and Crises

Final Portfolio Post!